Sunday, September 23, 2007

Our weekend

This weekend Wes & I were able to spend lots-o-time together. Wes completed his first classes this week, and so he had a few days to relax before the next rounds begins. We contemplated driving to Vegas for the football game. Thank goodness we stayed home (instead we watched the game with my fam., while enjoying delicious peach cobbler...thank you 'Farmer's Market').
On Friday night we went to our favorite neighborhood sandwich shop down the street. Gotta love Blimpie. Is it a bad sign when the workers at Blimpie recognize you, and notice when you have not been in for a while? We then went up to see the new Bridge up by Suicide rock. At first I thought this new trail would be a great run/bike ride. Hmm, think again. It is a surprisingly steep incline.
Today we headed up Little Cottonwood Canyon, and what a sight! I love Fall. The leaves are beautiful right now. We stopped at Oktoberfest which is always a treat. We enjoyed a delicious (and rather pricey) Brawt, and tried to get some pics in the rain/snow...yep that is right. It was snowing. It was painful getting out the winter parka!








6 comments:

gaylynne said...

Hey Amy I posted my picture of you two at Snowbird probably the same time you were posting too! You two are so cute and fun to be with. Glad you had a fun weekend. I think that bike/walk path by Suicide Rock looks pretty steep too. I noticed a lot of people on it yesterday.

Bradden, Sunny, Hyrum, and Olivia Cannon said...

You two are crazy and I miss seeing the both of you! Thanks for the update and keep in touch! Ate proximo, meus amigos!

Unknown said...

love that sunset in the last picture, beautiful!

Unknown said...

also love the picture of Wes at Blimpie. refillable mugs, eh? Impressive.

Darcie said...

those last two comments were me, not Ryan. But he likes you too.

Sammy said...

I'm offended those were not pictures of us eating at In-n-Out, Riteaid ice-cream, and the Paris Buffet. There is always '09