Monday, May 18, 2009

Wes' Graduation

Congrats to my cute Hub....what a huge accomplishment, and what a fantastic day!
Wes graduated from the Professional MBA program at the U. He has worked so hard, learned a lot, and made a lot of great friends through the program. I am proud of him. Here are some pictures of Graduation Day, the U of U & Graduation treats I made for the celebration, and also pictures from the party, where Wes stole the show with his mad Karaoke skills with a live band. It was a side of Wes I had never seen, and I loved it.
Wes, happy as can be on Graduation Day!
The Graduation treats I made...U of U cake balls (which looked cuter than they actually tasted), and chocolate Graduation caps..hard to see, but they were much easier than the cake balls, and if you look close they do look like graduation caps.
Wes & his good friends from the program. They all started together on day one, and all graduated together.
They had a great group: Kevin, Steve, Wes, Kisty, & Josh
Us with the Josh & Melissa

Wes with his folks: Gaylynne & Wally
Us with my folks: Nance & Bill
Wes & Steve acting strong, dominating the U
Wes getting ready to head to the Huntsman Center
Amy & Wes-this is the drum & feather 'U' I made for Wes' cap, so we could spot him.
It was very helpful...We were able to see him right when he walked into the Huntsman Center.
Wes singing "Shout" by the Temptations.
Wes singing "Benny & the Jets" by Elton John

7 comments:

Darcie said...

Congratulations Wes! What an accomplishment. And I'm so sad I missed the karaoke... looks like Wes should try out for AI. :)

Heidi Ann said...

Wow! congrats! What an accomplishment!! And good job for supporting him through the whole thing!

Harmony said...

There's no prouder graduate. Way to go Wes!
-Harmony

morgan and ashley boyack said...

Wes, You are the man!!!! you should be so proud of such a huge accomplishment!!! I hope your journey brings you all you hope for. We love you and are sad we coulod not celebrate this glorious day with you!!!
Love morgan, ashley and all the boys!

Kylee Coulam said...

Amy! How the heck are ya? This is your long lost friend, Matt Coulam. Looks like you guys are doing great! Congrats to Wes!

Christen said...

Congrats to Wes ... and you! What a great accomplishment from an amazing school!! :) I want to know how you made those little treats - so cute!
You look so great, Amy.

Ashley said...

Way to go Wes!!! Congratulations! We're proud of you and glad you can take it easy for awhile now before baby Wes comes. Looks like you had a fun day of celebrating! I love the first picture!

And Amy, your treats are so cute!