Friday, October 9, 2009

Four Hours?

Who knew 4 hours of sleep could be called "wonderful"?
I remember talking to family, friends, and co-workers about the sleep schedule of their babies. I remember many of them saying that a 4 hour stretch is wonderful. I thought to myself, that sounds awful. I can't imagine being happy when only getting 4 hours of sleep. I love sleep, and would usually require/desire 8-9 hours of sleep each night. I now understand what people say about 4 hour stretches of sleep. We have veered away from the getting up every 2 hours (yeah!!!), and Will has done pretty well at night (cross our fingers). Ranging anywhere from 3-6 hours of stretches...get up to feed, and then usually 2-3 hours more. For this I am grateful.
Will is almost 6 weeks old. We are enjoying him more each day. Yes, we are still adjusting, sleep deprived, and trying to figure out this whole nursing thing (ugh!), but feel happy to have survived this long! Looking forward to more!
Will, 5 weeks
Will, 4 weeks

8 comments:

Campbell Family said...

He is so adorable! I can't believe what a good mix of you two he is! Congratulations on arriving at the "4-hour stretch"!

Schiess Clan said...

Gosh he is DARLING!!! How fun, but how exhausting, and overwhelming those first few weeks can be... it does get better- the nursing thing, sleeping thing etc. etc. hang in there! You guys are great, we need to plan a get together when the "dust" settles!

Randall Fam said...

Time goes by so fast! I can't believe he is already 6 weeks old!! He is so cute! I'm glad the nights have settled down for you. Hopefully the rest will calm down soon as well :)

marcie b said...

hooray! he is darling. congratulations, is he officially william wallace? bromley likes his hair. i can't wait to meet him. i am feeling a little sick, so can't come too soon, but i will give you a call to come for a visit. much love!

Kelsey said...

oh my gosh, 4 hours was amazing to me. I remember thinking I can function if I get 4 hours. It was my magic number :)
He is sooooooo cute! Good news, he will sleep through the night eventually. Promise!

Lindsey said...

He is so stinking cute! Bree finally slept for her first five hour stretch the other night and it was heaven. I am hoping it actually sticks soon!

Elizabeth Checchio said...

He is so darling! Look at all that hair!!!! I can't wait to meet him. I will be in town for two weeks in Nov so get ready!
It is such a huge adjustment....all of it, nursing, sleeping, having a baby around constantly. Its so funny how you know people told you so many of these things, but you don't really "know" until they are here. Just don't stress, let him be in charge and let all the little things slide. Nursing can be such a challenge. I hope it starts to run like clockwork for you. oxoxoxox

Stacy said...

Amy, he is DARLING!!!!!!! This kid could model! Look at that hair...he's stylin' at five weeks old. My little Weston has the opposite--not enough hair on top. He started out life with male pattern baldness. What can ya do ;) Aren't they so sweet!

Sometime I try to comfort myself in the middle of the night by thinking of all the other women I know with little babies and tell myself that we're all up at the same time...we're all in this togther (whatever makes me feel better)!! ;)