Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Boyack's Christmas of Fun

This December has been super busy and so much fun.The best part is that Wes & I have spent practically 2 weeks together, non-stop. It has been so nice to have time off work (and school for Wes!) Wes & I headed to southern California on December 20th and stayed a couple of nights. We stayed in Anaheim, went to Disneyland, the Utah Bowl game (in San Diego), went shopping, and ate at In-N-Out Burger (of course). We then drove to Las Vegas (and had to battle the horrible traffic. I swear everyone and their dog was driving from Southern CA to Vegas on Saturday, December 22nd). The drive that usually takes 4 hours or so, took us about 7, ugh. It was quite painful to be at a dead stop on the freeway in the middle of the desert. But the good news, we made it. We went to a few shows, shopped, etc.., etc.. As much fun as Vegas is (for a day or so-max.), I sure get tired of all the smoke, gambling, nudity, etc. I really understand why it is called, "Sin City." Wes & I headed back to SLC on Christmas Eve, just in time to spend the holidays with our wonderful families. We had a great Christmas and feel so blessed.

Amy &Wes at Qualcomm Stadium
Wes enjoying a delicious Brawt with lots of sauerkraut
Having fun watching the Utes beat Navy
Wes-doing a great Pirate impersonation
@ the Disneyland Christmas tree
(note: Amy's old school sandals with socks...I did not pack good walking shoes, and had to wear sandals to Disneyland. And b/c it was cold I had to wear socks...a big fashion faux pas, I know!)
Wes & Amy still excited about the Utes (as always, right?)
Disneyland entrance
Our Stief Teddy Bear from Wally & Gaylynne
At 'Stomp' in Vegas
Wes meeting the King-Elvis
Amy & Tim McGraw
(Isn't he a great impersonation?)

3 comments:

Darcie said...

for some reason, the title of this post made me laugh so hard. I'm so glad to hear you had a "christmas 'o fun" cuz you guys deserve it!

Christen said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas -- especially your trip beforehand. I know exactly what you mean about Vegas and I never even go to the Strip when I'm there. I can't stand all the smokers. ICK!

Ashley said...

I love all of your adventures! I'm sure it was nice to finally get to spend some time together after Wes' busy semester.