Sunday, August 3, 2008

2008 Boyack Family Reunion

The 2008 Boyack reunion was held this weekend in Park City, Utah.
We had a fun time with the 'Boyack Clan'-and look forward to the reunion in 2010 in Nauvoo-as one of Wes' relatives said: "Just save $10/month for the next two years." We laughed about this for days-Yep, I am sure $240 will cover the cost to Nauvoo:)
I have enjoyed attending the Boyack reunions and getting acquainted with the many Boyack's because as most married women will understand, when you get married and take your husband's last name-people ask you all the time if you are related to "so & so Boyack?" Hmm, good question??? I want to respond with-"This is my married name, and I have no idea, however I could tell you about my maiden name relatives, because I have been an "Earl" for my entire life, but a "Boyack" for only 4 years."
*Highlights of the reunion: The mass responses to the "Dozens of Cousins" 1980 Boyack reunion shirt, Bowen taking our Jamocha shake cup, and asking the man at Arby's for a "Shake refill," and actually getting one, almost beating Morgan at "Acquire"-my first time playing it (I have been hearing about Acquire since Wes & I were dating, but had yet to play it), learning more about the Boyack heritage and it's Scottish roots, wearing bright yellow matching shirts all around Park City, and getting strange looks and questions about the reunion, and of course getting to spend time with family who live out of state.




Grandpa Ray M. Boyack (1905-1989)

4 comments:

gaylynne said...

We loved your pictures of "The Boyack Reunion"! We appreciate all your support and enthusiam for the Boyack activities and keeping the kids so excited for Uncle Wes! We love you guys! Mom and Dad

Sammy said...

Where was my invite?

Darcie said...

It sounds like Ryan and I missed out on the most fun parts of the reunion! Gosh dang it, I wish I'd known earlier you could get shake refills. Congrats on the basement tearout too. I can only hope that one day we'll be tearing out ours as well. And when we do, we'll be sure to make a video of us ripping out the fireplace.

Darcie said...

Caroline wants to make a comment:

99999

Hum, is that some secret code between you guys?